Why TR3i? What does TR3i mean? What do you mean? What do you want to say through TR3i?
These are questions that show the curiosity that we wanted to stir when we first launched the Harvest-Metanoia Arad youth ministry.
TR3i, simply and intriguingly, communicates the existence of three clear ideas expressed by Jesus regarding the way He prefers His disciples or Christians to follow Him. In the end, it’s not the thousands of trends between the denominations or the millions of books that have been written and the billions of opinions that have been expressed that matter – what matters is the essence of His ideas.
The Harvest – Metanoia youth ministry is built around three clear ideas that have been communicated by Jesus and His followers:
In a generation that aggressively promotes one’s own interpretation about reality, the world and life, we are looking to focus our thinking about reality, the world and life upon God’s Word.
• We expose and defend the gospel of Jesus in a generation that does not accept the perspective of Scripture
• We inspire enthusiasm in young people so that they understand and fulfill the gospel of Jesus
• We proclaim and we show the Word of God as the reference point for our lives
An authentic disciple worships Jesus and worship means being centered in the Word of God.
In a generation that differentiates, hurts, excludes and disapproves, we are looking to form relationships that are marked by Jesus’s love.
• We accept, integrate and appreciate young people without accepting, integrating and appreciating their sin
• We are looking to intentionally create contexts where young people can have relationships in community
• The vertical relationship redefines the horizontal relationships between us
An authentic disciple walks with Jesus, and this walk takes place in a community that is characterized by His love.
In a young generation where people only talk about faith and religion, we look to challenge every young person to live out their faith and relationship with God in a way that is concrete and involved.
- We are pursuing a Christianity that is “measurable and quantifiable” in a generation where faith is marked by just theory and is barely lived out in peoples’ lives
- We challenge people to serve in at least three ways: 1. Family; 2. Church; 3. Society – through attitudes and actions
- We challenge people to truly live out all the practices that have to do with biblical Christianity – fasting, prayer, generosity, compassion, solidarity, daily Bible reading, worship as a lifestyle.
An authentic disciple serves Jesus, and serving is done through specifically and personally investing in other people’s needs for the glory of God.